1.16.2007

The Beast (a Narrow-Street production)

critics rave "TheBeast" is the best "The Beast" story ever told since Narrow-Street started writing plays about "The Beast" and moral victories there-over... starring an all-star cast of stars! including "The Beast" most well known for his portrait of himself; a personal protagonist quite reminiscent of the author, and a narrator with delusions of rap grandeur! and now....

....................................................................................
i was born in the belly of a beast, that feasted, on the least of ancestors i shall never meet with -or speak with about their drought of fulfilled dreams as they wet the master's greens with sorry tear-filled streams- but their voices still summoned me, their faces were sullenly, hoping to see whether man's beast would stomach me, so stubbornly I did that which was required, i gave the beast hell til he came to bleed fire, and suddenly tired, he struggled to keep down my steadfast desire, a vengeance run deep down, i leapt out the beast's mouth from which i was mired but found my soul soaked cold in serpent's saliva. "young sire. son why do you try to escape?" he enquired. "i guess i don't fucking like snakes!" i replied with the violence of years of forced silence, "the tears of men's cries got me lining up stakes," to drive at its head, or its heart, if it had such a part, but instead, i was weak, without bread. "how you hunger come into me, for food, strength, virility, for peace, warmth, serenity, don't wallow in hate." "i don't fall for trickery, it ends all with misery, put simpl-y, i won't let you swallow my fate." "but it's man that created me!" "and i will destroy you." "(oh how i have baited thee!) bold in your boyhood." "yet you've underrated me, then, now, belatedly, now i'll so fatefully unfold your ploying." "annoying! i've chewed tougher meat than you-" "but i grew on the streets, rougher streaked than you." "yet still I am the Beast, and sir You are the least, won't you eat of my kingdom so shiny and new!" and though it was tempting, a moment of weakness, of almost relenting, surrounded by bleakness, i reached for my ears just to drown out his voice, his speeches would never give doubt to my choice. "the great deceiver will claim to provide, it makes one a heathen to breathe in his lies..." and though through the time i'd just lost my faith, twas brillig too high this, the cost of my fate, too aimlessly roaming, like old wildebeest, the only solution: to punish the beast. he laughed and he roared, "oh you bitter child! can you fight such a war so unfit and mild? just sell me your soul, it's the sinner's delight!" "i swear i shall kill you this wintery night!" but i saw not his spineless tail come around like a wave slaps a ship i was thrown to the ground, the pavement was stripped of all colour but red, the canvas was painted with blood of the dead. he said, "see the men who all fought on this street? i made meals of them from the heads to the feet. if only they'd built up my fortune and fame they'd not be the victims of torture and pain." "scorching in flames' an unfortunate fate," i retorted "a shame. you shall choke on my plate." a minute of silence, his eyes try to size up my will as i rise to his challenge to kill him... he said, " all you have are your hands and your head, see?" i replied, "of this man, all such weapons are deadly."
....................................................................................



to be continued, when next i have nothing to do

No comments: